NIH Public Access Policy Support
Location: Weintraub Building, B1-010
Contact phone: (206) 667-4314
Contact fax: (206) 667-4737
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library staff can assist with new citation requirements arising from the electronic grant submission rules and the new NIH Public Access Policy. Specifically, when citing published research articles that were funded by prior NIH grants in your new grant applications, proposals or progress reports, we can help you to:
- identify the PMCID (or NIHMS ID),
- and, when the full text article is not available in PubMed Cental (PMC), find an open access URL.
- If the publisher allows, we can deposit your paper in our institutional repository thus making it open access to grant reviewers.
- If the article is not in PMC, or open access via the publisher, we can obtain a PDF of the article for you.
Publisher policies and services relative to PubMed Central and open access deposit vary widely. Library staff are carefully tracking publisher responses to these requirements. We can deposit your manuscripts into PubMed Central and Fred Hutch's own institutional repository. This will save you time and provide widespread open access and thus more readers to your paper.
- Some journal publishers will deposit your final peer-reviewed manuscript or published article into PubMed Central for you, at no additional fee. See the list of journals that are automatically submitted to PubMed Central (no need for author/PI to review in NIHMS).
- Other journals/publishers will allow you (or your library) to deposit the final peer-reviewed manuscript into PubMed Central but will NOT participate in the process. Check with library staff via email@example.com. to find out what your journal's practices are.
- Yet other publishers will deposit your paper into PubMed Central for you, but will require you to perform review and approval via the NIHMS system.
- Let library staff submit your manuscript to PubMed Central for you. Fill out this simple, one-page form and upload your final peer-reviewed manuscript, and any associated image or supplemental data files. We will submit it to PubMed Central and when it's ready, the NIH Manuscript Submission System (NIHMS) will contact the submitting author to review it for accuracy.
- Alternatively, you may submit your own final peer-reviewed manuscripts to PubMed Central via the NIHMS system. If you choose to self-submit, library staff would be grateful if you would also send along a copy of your manuscript to us via the form or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that it has already been submitted to PubMed Central. This will help us track institutional compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy and allow create an entry for your paper in Fred Hutch's own institutional repository.
Learn more about the policies and services offered by publishers, your responsibilities under the NIH Public Access Policy and how library staff can help by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Journals List
- Ovid (guest or library account)
- Web of Science - Science Citation Index
- Pubmed (Get Article Enabled)
- Library Catalog (Account Login)
- Document Delivery Form
- Researcher Profiles
- Library Affiliations & Memberships
- Fred Hutch Authored Papers (Intranet)